COVID-19 AND SAFETY IN THE STUDIO
Implementation of Federal, State and Local government safety guidelines including temperature screening, face masks, frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas and equipment.
One-on-one Personal Training with over 1000 square feet of training space and not more than two clients at a time for the foreseeable future to ensure social distancing.
Brand new anti-microbial rubber flooring resistant to mold and mildew.
Open air ventilation.
"Seeing into one's true nature"
Laguna's Premier Exclusive Private Training Studio
WHY YOU NEED TO WORKOUT
If you’re new to resistance training, here are five (there are many more) reasons why you need to do it. If you’ve done it in the past and fallen off, hopefully these reasons will remind, and motivate, you to start again.
1. Sarcopenia. Muscle mass naturally diminishes with age. Your body fat will increase if you don't do anything to replace the muscle you lose starting at around the age of 30. And increased body fat can leave you more susceptible to chronic diseases. Strength training can help you preserve and enhance your muscle mass at any age.
2. Osteoperosis. Your body starts to lose bone density and strength before the age of 30. By stressing your musculoskeletal system, strength training can slow down the loss of bone density and maybe even reverse it. Frail bones are susceptible to breaking during falls, coughing or sneezing.
3. Body weight. Strength training can help you manage or lose weight by increasing your lean muscle mass and lowering your body fat, thereby increasing your metabolism to help you burn more calories at rest. The lower your percentage of body fat, the less likely you are to suffer from various chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension.
4. Chronic conditions. Many chronic conditions, such as arthritis, back pain, obesity, heart disease, depression and diabetes can be alleviated by exercising and engaging in resistance training. Resistance training increases production of hormones like HGH, the Fountain of Youth, and Serotonin, the Happy chemical.
5. Mental Acuity. Regular strength training and aerobic exercise may help improve memory and cognitive ability by engaging neuromuscular pathways in new ways. Cognitive impairment is often a precursor to dementia.
I am a trainer, an educator, a taskmaster and a cajoler. I am here to help you realize the importance of intention and attention while you train. And that when you combine those two, you will do more inside the gym as well as outside of it. Words to live by from one of my favorite philosophers: “Empty motions are like empty words, they hold no meaning.” I want your time with me to hold meaning.
Nationally Published Fitness Expert
Former Fitness Editor Men's Fitness Magazine
Member of the National Academy of Sports Medicine
Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Senior Fitness Specialist
Certified Youth Fitness Specialist
Certified Golf Fitness Specialist
Titleist Perfomance Institute Golf Fitness Professional
35-plus Years Martial Arts
Strength For All Ages
Nothing else has been proven to slow down, and possibly reverse, the aging process like strength training. The programs at Kensho Fitness are custom designed for each individual after a thorough assessment. While workouts are tailored for each client and their personal goals, they are all based on the paradigm of Stability, Mobility, Strength and Power.
Counteracting Modern Society
Computers and smart phones have definitely made our live's easier, but it didn't come without a price. In the last 40 years, this "easier" life has led to two postural distortions unique to modern life: Lower Cross Syndrome and Upper Cross Syndrome. Both are caused by too much sitting and staring at a computer screen or smart phone. An elongated neck, sunken chest, rounded shoulders and a hips back position are indicative of these syndromes. A carefully designed program of stretching and strengthening can help minimize these distortions and alleviate the inevitable neck and back pain associated with these musculoskeletal imbalances.
A Healthier Future
Kids are at risk these days. The same modern maladies that threaten adults are magnified in youth due to their developing minds and bodies. Computers, smart phones and video games are being introduced to children at increasingly younger ages leading to poorly developed posture, muscle imbalances, weak bones and under developed physical coordination as well as the negative psychological consequences of being online. Being in the gym is an ideal remedy. Not only are the physical issues addressed, training can lead to greater self-esteem because there are no cheat codes in the gym. The results are an honest assessment of hard work and easily quantified.
Hit It Further Without Pain
When done correctly, the golf swing is a dynamic sequence of effortless power. When done incorrectly, it is a disjointed sequence of powerless effort. Even with a sound grasp of techniques, limits and imbalances in the musculoskeletal system will prevent you from executing your swing, resulting in decreased distances, decreased accuracy and an increased likelihood of injury. Golf-specific training targeting the specific flexibility and strength requirements of golf can lower your handicap as well as your chances of golf-related pain.
I’d had some injuries, so I was apprehensive about “working out.” Bobby’s knowledgeable and patient guidance helped me get back into the best shape I’ve been in literally decades, walking me through the purpose and methodology the entire time. Bobby was a literal game-changer for me.
President Hobie Sports
Managing Partner Ranch at Laguna Beach
I have trained with many trainers over the years and Bobby Lee is my favorite. Bobby brings to his work extensive knowledge of fitness and the body's function, along with his sincere care for my individual needs. All of this together creates an exceptional experience.
Bobby is an extraordinary trainer for adults as well as teenagers. I sent him my couch-loving, bad decision-making son and Bobby transformed him into a fit athlete with purpose and direction. It was an amazing transformation. My daughter also trained with Bobby in order to successfully pass the Los Angeles Sheriff’s physical test. I highly recommend Bobby to anyone who’s goals include fitness and beyond.”